WOCA Lye – 2.5 Liters
WOCA White Lye can be used when you want wood to have a driftwood or whitewashed appearance. Formerly called Trip Trap, WOCA Wood Lye is used to lye prime newly sanded or unfinished interior woodwork such as wood floors, wood furniture, wood stairs and wood panels. Priming the wood prevents it from yellowing and will enhance the grain of the wood, creating the driftwood effect. WOCA wood lye is non-corrosive, and can be used on all types of wood.
WOCA Wood Lye Treatment Instructions:
- Sand, clean and dry the wood floor.
- Stir the lye to break up the color pigments and shake well before and during use.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear, and if skin or eyes come into contact with the wood lye, wash with soap and warm water.
- Do not apply lye across the wood grain. This will cause streaks due to the pigments in the mix. Any streaks must be removed before the oiling process.
- Use at least 1 liter of lye for every 100 square feet of flooring.
- Pour a small amount of lye into a paint tray or a useable container.
- With a nylon brush or roller, apply the wood lye in even layers along the wood grain. Continue until the floor is completely coated.
- Clean work tools with water.
- Allow the floor to dry for at least 8 hours at 70 degrees.
The lye treated floor can now be finished with WOCA oil products. It does not need to be prepped with wood cleaner before applying the oil.
Woodcare of Denmark (WOCA) specializes in plant-based, environmentally responsible, durable wood finishes that contain no preservatives or artificial color pigments. Their products are designed to penetrate and harden to protect the hardwood for maximum wear resistance.